best - Shaving makes man look younger and smart. Many people go out to salons to get shaved and wish if they could do it the same professional way at home. By taking few precautions and tips before shaving, while shaving and after shaving, you can also be a shaving expert.
A good, close shaves followed by right facial wash and after shave moisturizer products go hand in hand to achieve optimum skin health. It is important to know how to shave in the right way. Shaving properly decreases pain and reduces irritating razor cuts. Shaving makes man look younger and smart. Many people go out to salons to get shaved and wish if they could do it the same professional way at home. By taking few precautions and tips before shaving, while shaving and after shaving, you can also be a shaving expert. Here are few shaving tips for men:
BEFORE SHAVING TIPS:
1) Wet your beard thoroughly. The wetter, the better because well-soaked hair is much weaker and that makes it much easier to cut.
2) Cleanse face properly using warm/hot water, splash some hot water. It will soften beard and help open up the pores. Healthy dose of moisturizer before shave is also good idea.
3) Use gentle, creamy shaving lotion as it softens hair and makes shaving easy. Cooling aloe vera shaving cream contains unique combination of natural ingredients to soothe & calm skin before and after shaving.
4) Massage shaving cream or oil into area to be shaved. Shaving oil or cream will give best results.
5) Do not use gels, foams and products that contain chemicals such as benzocaine or menthol. They give great lather but can really dry and irritate skin, close pores and stiffen the beard.
WHILE SHAVING TIPS:
1) Use hot water while shaving. Hot water helps to open pores, soften the beard, and cleanse skin.
2) Use sharp razor as old, blunt blades spoil shave. They drag skin and do not give clean shave. Heavy razor handle helps in better shaving control.
3) Must shave in same direction as hair growth, this prevents in growth to large extent. Then, leather and shave slightly against direction of hair growth for closer shave.
4) Short strokes are better option as they give a cleaner shave.
5) Do not apply too much pressure on shaving razor because this will cause skin burns & irritations. Instead glide it gently across face.
Rinse razor in the hot water.
AFTER SHAVING TIPS:
1) Finish by rinsing off face with cool water. It will close skin pores.
Then afterwards, use skin toner to remove any residue, close the pores and refresh the skin.
2) For cuts, use moistened alum block to stop bleeding.
3) Apply moisturizing aftershave lotion on shaved areas. Avoid alcohol based aftershaves lotions as they make skin dry.
4) At last, use moisturizer over face and neck to keep skin firm and supple. Or one can apply after shave cream to keep skin moist and fresh with UV protection.
TACKLING THE PROBLEM OF INGROWING HAIR:
1) Neck area skin surface lying close to jaw line is susceptible to in growing hair. Dark skin is more prone to this problem.
2) Shaving in direction of hair growth tackles problem of in growing hair.
Use of face scrub on regular basis, also helps in arresting growth of in growing hair and dead skin is sloughed off by scrub.
3) If the part of hair is still lodged in skin, it is best to let bump heal itself & then pull it out after day or so.
These shaving tips will be beneficial to new shavers and regular shavers as well.